Conditional Formatting formula will not work

jdunkel

I use XP professional Operating System and Excel 2003

I am referencing a cell in order to change the background color of a row of cells if the number in column B is = to the number in a specific cell.

The formula used in the conditional formatting is =$B73=$B$10

The reference cell $B$10 contains the following formula

=INT(MAX('Assumptions & Inputs'!F8:F9))

The conditional formatting worked fine when I used that formula.

I had to change the formula in cell $B$10 so that it would meet a new criteria. When I did that the conditional formatting would not change the color of the row.

The new formula that I put in the reference cell $B$10 is

='Assumptions & Inputs'!$D$8+MAX('Assumptions & Inputs'!$F$8-'Assumptions & Inputs'!$D$8,'Assumptions & Inputs'!$F$9-'Assumptions & Inputs'!$D$9)

How do I make the conditional formatting work?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
The result of B73 has to be exactly the same as the result in B10. Do you have a formula in B73?

Upvote 0
The result of B73 has to be exactly the same as the result in B10. Do you have a formula in B73?

The numbers in column B are the age of the person over time. (i.e. B73 might be = to 81 and B74 would be 82 etc.) The formual in the cell B72 woudl be =B72+1 and the formual in B74 would be =B73+1

This gives the increase in age each year. That is why for matching the cell the Conditional Formating Formula is =$B73=$B$10

Upvote 0
Yes

The numbers in column B are the age of the person over time. (i.e. B73 might be = to 81 and B74 would be 82 etc.) The formual in the cell B72 woudl be =B72+1 and the formual in B74 would be =B73+1

This gives the increase in age each year. That is why for matching the cell the Conditional Formating Formula is =$B73=$B$10

Upvote 0
The result you are getting in B10, then is an integer?

Perhaps your knew formula in B10, should be revised to:?

=INT('Assumptions & Inputs'!$D$8+MAX('Assumptions & Inputs'!$F$8-'Assumptions & Inputs'!$D$8,'Assumptions & Inputs'!$F$9-'Assumptions & Inputs'!$D$9))

Upvote 0
Thank you again. I will read teh article. I did not knwo I was causing a problem.

Thank you again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back