Auto run a macro even on Medium security setting

rickyckc

Hi all,

Suppose I have my Macro Security setting sets to 'Medium'. How can I auto launch my macro (ex. name - MyMacro) everytime I open the workbook ?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ricky

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi jm14,

I have created my own certificate. Now, how do I get my own certificate trusted, how to install it into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities Store ?

Best Regards,
Ricky

Upvote 0
Hi jm14,

I managed to figured it out myself....now, it does not prompts me for that 'Enable macro' button....but still the macro does not auto run......how to make it auto run ?

Best Regards,
Ricky

Upvote 0
If you follow the steps posted (1-9), it should take you through the whole process.

Upvote 0
I managed to figured it out myself....now, it does not prompts me for that 'Enable macro' button....but still the macro does not auto run......how to make it auto run ?
To auto run your macro, use a Workbook_Open event procedure, which is run automatically upon opening the workbook.

There is a good write-up on Event Procedures here:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm

Upvote 0
Hi jm14,

Thanks ! My problem solved and I've learned something new :)

Best Regards,
Ricky

Upvote 0
Glad to help!

Those Event Procedures are some pretty powerful stuff. You can automate macros on many different events such as Opening or Closing Workbooks, changing the values in a cell, selecting a certain range, etc. They are a great tool in VBA programming.

Upvote 0
jm14

If you are up to it, check out this.

It's a great improvement over the celf cert, but requires a little longer to set up the first time.

Runs on High security, can be exported, and the Cert can even be transfered. Lasts for 39 years, I believe? Requires three files, that I would be glad to email you.

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/017b694f78055caf/f0109c2b591aa78f

Edit: the link does take a while to load fully, don't give up after 5 seconds :)

Upvote 0
Interesting.

We have been using the Self-Cert within the office here for years and not had any problems, so we will probably continue to do so. But I will keep that in mind if we ever have problems or ever need anything more robust.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatrickL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back