Email only 1 worksheet in a workbook as an attachment..

jalifid11

Board Regular
Is there anyway to email only 1 worksheet from a multi-sheet workbook?

I've got an excel workbook that has a lot of information in it and I have consolidated the info to one sheet in the workbook. I want to know if there is a way to email just that one page as an attachment and not the ENTIRE workbook?

Thanks....

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hello jalifid11,
Here are a couple ideas.
The first one will copy the active sheet (only) to a new (single sheet) workbook, name
the workbook with whatever the user enters into an inputbox and then email it to the address
you've hard coded into this routine.
Code:
Sub NameSaveAndEmailSingleSheet()
Dim NewBookName$, MyNewName$
NewBookName = InputBox("What do you want to name the workbook getting e-mailed?", "New workbook name. . .")
ActiveSheet.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewBookName
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "TheAddressToEmailTo", "YourEmailSubjectTitle"
End Sub

The second one will do the same but won't ask for a new workbook name, and won't save
it, but simply email it to the address(es) provided in your code.
Code:
Sub EmailSingleSheetWithoutSaving()
ActiveSheet.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "TheAddressToEmailTo", "YourEmailSubjectTitle"
End Sub

Note that you'll need to provide the email addies and subject title (if desired).

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Emailing 1 worksheet in a Workbook - URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!

Those work, but the problem that I run into now is that some of the information that the form has, once it is emailed to the inbox I chose, when I open it, only have the information in the cell has been transferred...

What would be causing this? Is there a limitation of how many characters can be in a cell?

Upvote 0
Emailing 1 worksheet in a Workbook - URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!

Those work, but the problem that I run into now is that some of the information that the form has, once it is emailed to the inbox I chose, when I open it, only half of the information in the cell has been transferred...

What would be causing this? Is there a limitation of how many characters can be in a cell?

Upvote 0
I've tried looking at this from different sides... I can't seem to find out why it only allows and x amount of characters in a cell to be saved. Does anyone else have another way of trying to email 1 worksheet with VBA?

Upvote 0
Maybe a [very] stupid question: What version of Excel do you run? You can send a single page from the toolbar in Excel 2003.

RAM

Upvote 0
Actually, it is 2003...

I found a workaround by putting in a "Text Box".. This overcame the limitation of the number of characters in a cell, in case anyone wanted to know...

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back