URGENT: HELP with Template Wizard after re-installing office

jrcoco

Hi there,
I had to re-format my computer because of a virus and after I re-installed Office 2003, the Template Wizard add-in and all the files, I can't save any file to the Database initially created. I even tried uninstalling Office 2003 and re-installed 2002 with the template wizard, but same problem. When I open the file (based on a template created years ago) and save it I get the error message "Cannot open c:\my documents\xxxx\database xxxx". The file names have not been changed, the template has not been changed, the database has not been changed. After having spend hours on it, I tried to create a new template and database - SAME PROBLEM - SAME ERROR MESSAGE. Am desperate - the template is an invoice which needs to be used in a couple of hours and ther is no way to save the information on the database. Please help - anybody, anyhow ! Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
The Database is on Excel and I've read that you are supposed to be able to use it in Excel 2003. And as I said, even when I re-installed the old Excel version of 2002, the links between my former template and corresponding database worksheet doesn't work anymore. And I can't even create a new template and its database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back