maximum number of sheets

Lino

what is the maximum number of sheets that you can have in a workbook?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
According to Help in XL2K it is limmited only by available memory.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0
Lino said:
what is the maximum number of sheets that you can have in a workbook?

It used to be 256, it is probably more with the new versions. I have a customer using a speadsheet with 105 sheets, that is about 3 MB's in size. Everything works fine except saving takes 15-20 seconds.

When I built it I had problems adding sheets to the end of the sequence using an earlier version of Excel. I had to add sheets before the last sheet and then move them to the end.

Upvote 0
I asked myself the same question once.
so I started adding new sheets
and my computer creashed on 3150 :biggrin:

Upvote 0
As Peter (bat17) says the no. sheets in a workbook is limited by available memory so its up to your PC really - have a look at the help file 'Excel specifications and limits'

Upvote 0
First off, I'd like to apologize in advance for posting in such an older thread, but I wanted to thank you guys for your insight. I'm pretty new to the world of Excel and I'm just now learning how to pull reports from our website. The excel reports I'm pulling are actually pretty large and I don't want to run into any issues if I happen to pull one that's larger than normal.

Anyway, thank you all for the excel help. It's more than appreciated! =)

Upvote 0
First off, I'd like to apologize in advance for posting in such an older thread, but I wanted to thank you guys for your insight. I'm pretty new to the world of Excel and I'm just now learning how to pull reports from our website. The excel reports I'm pulling are actually pretty large and I don't want to run into any issues if I happen to pull one that's larger than normal.

Anyway, thank you all for the excel help. It's more than appreciated! =)

Upvote 0
I was having some excel trouble. I was looking for something like this. I'm glad I came across this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back