Firefly2012

Is there any way to turn off notification for likes received? Or even a way that you could be told what post has resulted in the like received?

Up to now I've thought it was good manners to 'Like' a post that I've read, but I'm finding it rather annoying that when somebody likes one of my posts I get this annoying message that won't go away until I click on it and, worse, I have no idea what post has been liked!

I can imagine I'm not the only person who feels this way and I shall endeavour to control my 'Like'ing in future :)

I agree, but see here.

BTW, Very good Colin, Jon, Peter :LOL:

Just to mention that this had not been a part of the new features when the "MRexcel 2.0" started.
Is just not the case to take the "Like/Shere" button from the bottom of each post?

IMHO, this feature is for getting someone annoyed. Just keep liking their posts without really reading them :D

Edit:
1. As I hit submit button, the other random item, appeared:
Are you sure --> Title
This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved --> Prompt
[Leave Page][Stay on Page] --> Buttons
I've got the same result irrespective of the button selected.

2. Clarification: I've fully read Peter's post. Green letters tell me he's a MOD...!

Last edited:
Reactions: VoG
Perhaps there is a vBulletin message board that the Admins could visit ...

I'm with Taurean and Firefly !!
The "Do you want to leave this page" seems to be happening more and more often. I now get the message that I have to wait xxx seconds before I attempt to post again ......Grrrrr !!

In a nutshell, here is my understanding.

It can be removed, but I believe that it requires "Customization" to do that. The Admins are very adamant in keeping "Customization" to a minimum, as in the past customizations have caused many problems when there are board upgrades to perform. That is typically when things have "broken". So they are very hesitant to employ any customizations for anything that qualifies as a "minor annoyance". The potential for bad things to happen outweighs the benefits to be gained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kon123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back