HTML Maker

jim may

I've just installed Xl 2013. Before, for years I used xl 2010 and utilized MrExcel HTML Maker AddIn.

In my new 2013 program I have the same addin autoloading when I open xl2013, but I do not have the changes
necessary to my Menu - the new Add Option at the end (as before).

What should I do to in order to become functional with MrExcel HTML Maker?

Thanks,

Jim

Is your 2013 Excel version 32-bit or 64-bit?

If 64-bit, HTML Maker will not work.

If 32 bit, what steps have you taken so far to try to install & use the HTML Maker?

I've just had a look at the code in there and it looks like it should be 64bit compatible.

I've just had a look at the code in there and it looks like it should be 64bit compatible.
I certainly don't know from looking at the code (I haven't) and I don't have a 64-bit Excel installed to test with. My assertion was based on what I recollect (not always good these days) reading in other threads in this forum where people with 64-bit versions (2013 or 2010) don't seem to be able to get it to work. I would be pleased to be shown to be wrong. :)

I'll try and test it on a 64bit version later (I don't use one at work) but I can't see any immediate issue with it. It could do with being updated to an .xlam with Ribbon interface though. :)

I'll have a word - not like he's doing anything else.

Rory, I appreciate your efforts (to date). I would like to use, if at all possible - the HTML Maker on my new Office 2013 - 64-bit Install. Jim

I've just installed Xl 2013. Before, for years I used xl 2010 and utilized MrExcel HTML Maker AddIn.

In my new 2013 program I have the same addin autoloading when I open xl2013, but I do not have the changes
necessary to my Menu - the new Add Option at the end (as before).

What should I do to in order to become functional with MrExcel HTML Maker?

Thanks,

Jim

Hello,
How are you, or have you tried to Install it. The usual way …
1>> downloading the Zipped Folder with the Add.In .xla File and MrExcerlHtml Guide Instruction Word File ( in Link
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8cffdec0ce27e813&sc=documents&id=8CFFDEC0CE27E813!189
2>> possibly necessary then to restart the computer once done.
…….
I did this recently for Excel 2007 and 2010 and was very surprised how well behaved it was. That it to say how it simply “Appeared straight away in the Mouse Right click options after downloading. (I did not even need to “Unzip anything?”)
I did however have problems with the similar MrExcelVBHTML Maker (The one that allows you to paste a Code in Mr Excell Forum and keeping all the Color Code formats ( http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/785192-html-maker.html )
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8cffdec0ce27e813&sc=documents&id=8CFFDEC0CE27E813!189
. In this case the Add-In was “there”,(In the VBA Project Window) but for some reason was not “Checked”, (And so did not appear as a Mouse right Click Option). Once I managed to get it “checked” the right mouse click options appeared.
To do this I had to
1>> unzip the file, , (Simply copying the .xla file in the zip Folder and pasting it somewhere )
2>> then find that file, once in the Add-In bit of the Excel Options.
3>> Then I had to “Go to” it and check it.
(Sorry I cannot give more precise instructions, but my Excel Version is In German, so I am not sure of the exact translation for Words and commands in English!
Note again that The whole downloading thing and its success seems to be dependent on which Browser you use. I have got in the habit of always trying these things in different Browsers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back