Forum (Default) Editor (Reply and Signature etc.)

DocAElstein

Banned user
Forum (Default) Editor (Reply and Signature etc.)​

……… My Signature Editor has changed to (permanently ?):-
'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls' ?? ??? - I can’t seem to change it back? ........

Hi.
……….. ……….As I expect is the case for most People (at least new members) my Forum editor was set by default as “Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor”, which to the naked (inexperienced) eye looks “normal”, that is to say presents the reader or writer with mostly “normal” looking text, (with possibly just a few extra things like
OR
Code:
 Tags). A moderator brought to my attention the possibility of viewing in a HTML type code by changing to…. [QUOTE="Peter_SSs, post: 3869382, member: 44226"]What people see depends on their profile settings. Go into Settings (top right of screen near 'Log Out') then General Settings (towards bottom left of screen), scroll right to the bottom and select 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls' [/QUOTE] ([URL]http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/780464-re-text-format-forums-o00o-%60-_-%60-o00o-3.html?[/URL] ) 
.   As some people use this “Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls“,  I have used it occasionally to appreciate what some people may be seeing from my threads.  However I generally switch back to “Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor” because of my limited HTML writing and reading experience. Since I started doing this however I have found that the editor In my signature (Using Chrome Browser!!) remains permanently now in the HTML type “Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls“ and I cannot seem to change it back to the “normal” looking “Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor”, even though this is checked in my settings and indeed I obtain the ““Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor” in everything else!?. 
.  Is this a weird Bug? How can I change back to ““Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor”,” in my signature editor ??.  In Browser IE 9 it is inconsistent: Sometimes It comes up in “Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls” and sometimes in “Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor”. Again I always have “Enhanced Interface - Full WISYWYG Editor” checked. So usually I can get over this problem by trying a few times with Browser Internet Explorer 9

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back