What did your latest update do???

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Earlier this afternoon, the Excel forum was out (a message about performing an update was posted) and now I notice that the code button (#) is missing from the Quick Reply. Any chance it can be put back?

Last edited:
Earlier this afternoon, the Excel forum was out (a message about performing an update was posted) and now I notice that the code button (#) is missing from the Quick Reply. Any chance it can be put back?
I seem to have another problem as a result of your update. First, let me acknowledge that my laptop is in serious need of having the operating system reinstalled... I have not been able to use Internet Explorer from the Desktop side of my Windows 8.1 system, but I have always been able to use Internet Explorer from the tablet side of this operating system without problems... and I can still do that with all but your forum. Immediately prior to the update, I had no trouble using the forum, but now, since the update, I am having trouble completing a simple login. I can fill in the login information, but when I click the Login button to complete the operation, I am taken to the "Thank you for logging in..." message but I never get redirected from there to the forum anymore... even clicking the "Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you" button does nothing... my entire Internet Explorer is locked up waiting for the redirect to complete. I did manage to get past the redirect once (I came into the forum from MrExcel's main page via the "Message Boards" button, but then Internet Explorer locked up when I clicked the Excel Forum button. Is there something that your server used to do before the update that it is not doing now that can be causing this? As I said, all other websites I tried visiting as a test worked fine... including ExcelFox which uses the same forum software that MrExcel does and I have no trouble logging into my account there and I can move around freely through its sub-forums. Here is hoping you can "fix" whatever your update did to screw with my computer... right now I am using my laptop to access MrExcel, but this is not as comfortable as using my desktop.

I seem to have another problem as a result of your update. First, let me acknowledge that my laptop is in serious need of having the operating system reinstalled... I have not been able to use Internet Explorer from the Desktop side of my Windows 8.1 system, but I have always been able to use Internet Explorer from the tablet side of this operating system without problems... and I can still do that with all but your forum. Immediately prior to the update, I had no trouble using the forum, but now, since the update, I am having trouble completing a simple login. I can fill in the login information, but when I click the Login button to complete the operation, I am taken to the "Thank you for logging in..." message but I never get redirected from there to the forum anymore... even clicking the "Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you" button does nothing... my entire Internet Explorer is locked up waiting for the redirect to complete. I did manage to get past the redirect once (I came into the forum from MrExcel's main page via the "Message Boards" button, but then Internet Explorer locked up when I clicked the Excel Forum button. Is there something that your server used to do before the update that it is not doing now that can be causing this? As I said, all other websites I tried visiting as a test worked fine... including ExcelFox which uses the same forum software that MrExcel does and I have no trouble logging into my account there and I can move around freely through its sub-forums. Here is hoping you can "fix" whatever your update did to screw with my computer... right now I am using my laptop to access MrExcel, but this is not as comfortable as using my desktop.

Here is a follow up that may help you identify the problem. Every time I try to login into MrExcel directly, I have the above problem. However, if I login into my ExcelFox account (remember, it uses the same forum software as MrExcel), then leaving it running and opening a new tab, then calling up MrExcel and logging in... I complete the login successfully and can move around freely throughout the MrExcel forum(s). It is as if a registry setting is not being performed by MrExcel's post-update forum (that apparently was performed prior to the update) and that my logging into a different forum which uses the same forum software performs the registry setting for it. That is just a guess, of course, but hopefully it will lead you to a solution that makes your forum work for me directly.

Having same issue...

my laptop is in serious need of having the operating system reinstalled
Sound like you should hold off and install W10, a deservedly free upgrade. W8 will come to occupy the same shelf of reverence as Windows ME.

VLOOKUP("Upgrade", {Marketing,Truth}, 2, False) = "Break"

Not just this board, but every computer since the sliderule.

Trying to insert the image

1.jpg

No Mr Excel logo....

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back