User tagging?

badass

Is there any way to add this feature? Sort of like social media where if you are trying to get the attention of a specific member, you can tag them in a post and they would get a notification? This works really well on a few website forums I'm on....This would be great!

You can always PM someone.

Yes I understand that, but let's say there's a post in a specific thread and you want to bring that post to a certain members attention (or someone else wants to bring a post to another users attention)...It's very helpful in the forums I'm on...I ask this because I posted a thread and I'd like to tag a few gurus to get their input on my thread instead of PM'ing them one by one....

Members will respond in their own time to posts, you will become extremely unpopular if you think you can just approach people for assistance.
There is a paid option on MrExcel if you need a specific project,otherwise post you question and see if you get free friendly help

I would find that annoying.

Yes I understand that, but let's say there's a post in a specific thread and you want to bring that post to a certain members attention (or someone else wants to bring a post to another users attention)...It's very helpful in the forums I'm on...I ask this because I posted a thread and I'd like to tag a few gurus to get their input on my thread instead of PM'ing them one by one....
Please do NOT PM specific members asking for assistance! That goes against our rules (see rule #7 here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/99490-forum-rules.html).

It goes against the way this forum is supposed to work. This is to be a harassment free forum, where users are free to respond to any threads they would like, but are not to be badgered in any way to respond to any threads they do not care to respond to.

... I posted a thread and I'd like to tag a few gurus to get their input on my thread ....
Hmm, I'm thinking EVERYONE who posts a question would like to do that? :eek:
Which is exactly why we don't allow such actions per the rule Joe pointed out.

It would also be a good way to get on somebody's "Ignore List" - See Settings - > Edit Ignore List (towards bottom left)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessbob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back