Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi,

I have decided to add some structure to my subscribed threads.
I have made a few folders, for various topics.

The questions are:

• Is there a tool to move the existing subscriptions between folders? At present I unsubscribe and immediately subscribe it again, choosing a different folder, which is annoying and slow.
  • Is there a possibility to have the same subscription in two or more folders simultaneously?

Best,

J.Ty.

You can move subscriptions between folders. Click on the Subscribed Threads button to get a list of your subscriptions. Then check the box on the far right to select a thread. Then click the Selected Threads button on the bottom. The "Move Thread" radio button should be selected. Then click OK on the bottom, then it will give you a drop-down list of your folders to select from.

I'm not sure about your second question, but I suspect you can't do that.

Last edited:
One other thought. Depending on your web browser, you can create multiple folders in your bookmarks, and put the same link in multiple places. You can save a link to a MrExcel thread there as easily as creating a folder here.

I rather thought about the option to move the thread when I'm reading it.

J.Ty.

In that case, I have to agree with you. I don't know of a way to move it while reading it. The method I described works, but is awkward. Maybe one of the old-timers has a better solution.

I don't use folders in Subscriptions to order them. Instead I use my browser bookmarks as I find more flexibility and I like being able to rename the bookmark to something meaningful so I know what's in it at a later time.

However, if I was to put my subscribed threads into folders, I would work my way through a bunch & for any I wanted to move, jot down enough of the thread title to identify it later & also note the folder I wanted to move it to.
Then, when viewing subscribed threads you could select, say, 10 threads that are to go to the same folder & move them all at once as described by Eric in post #2. Would be faster than what you are doing now I believe.

I have also noted that I do not see any summary of new posts among my subscribed threads, if they are sorted into separate folders. Only the default folder is shown and I must cycle through all of them to look for changes.

That's enough to switch to the idea of storing threads as bookmarks in my browser.

J.Ty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back