Thread will not display

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
When I click on a link to a particular thread, the webpage does not display. Links to other threads work just fine.

I have tried logging out, clearing all history, and clicking on the errant link both before and after logging in again, to no avail. I am using Firefox 42.0.

The link that fails for me is:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/939653-ms-excel-2010-question.html

One link that works for me is:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/939493-calculate-payment-achieve-irr-10%25-no-what-if-calcs-allowed.html

I note a similar recent discussion in this sub-forum (click here). The comments there do not seem to be helpful, at least not for my problem.

These links were copied from the My Profile webpage. I also tried the link on the forum index webpage.

I see no functional difference in the common parts of the errant and working links, namely http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/ and .html .

If the errant link works for you, perhaps the correct answer is: it depends on which backend server that I use v. the one that you use. But I see no indication of that in the page info.

Obviously, the errant link worked for me at some point, since I succeeded in posting a reply at 8:22am PT today.

I had a flash from it, and then it went, couple doing this recently will see if it can be resolved

It should be fixed now - can you confirm that it works for you, please?

It should be fixed now - can you confirm that it works for you, please?

Yes, it works now. Great! Thanks.

Can you tell me what the problem was. I am a computer professional, so I'll understand any technical jargon that you want to use. Thanks again.

There was some odd HTML embedded in two of the posts.

There was some odd HTML embedded in two of the posts.

Fascinating! FYI, I had been able to display the thread with reply #2; in fact, through reply #4. Thanks for editing the errant replies. Sorry for the trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back