Weird problem with MrExcel Website

So far I am only getting the message when the Expedia ad is showing or if the space where the ad goes is blank and then the Expedia ad shows at the next click of the back button (but I am going to look at some threads now and will report back if I see it happen other than the above).

Just for info I have put an ad blocker on (didn't really want to because I had one years ago but took it off because of an issue and I can't remember what it was now).

Anyway I haven't had the issue with the message box appearing so far with it on and so I think it is probably something to do with the ad/s.

Thanks for narrowing down the issue.

Last edited:
Since the ads help pay for the site (and believe me, it's pricey!) I don't like the use of an ad-blocker.. but what can you do?
I've informed Bill - hopefully there is something he can do about that ad.

If its ad specific, that something supplied with the ad is triggering in the background, ads should be neutral, so maybe expedia is doing something that isn't expected

Ok, we're trying to nip this. Bill's trying to put a stop to the ads, but just in case, if you do get the popup again, it would help to get some information.

Step 1). Right click on the edge of the ad/ element.
Step 2). Click inspect element
Step 3). This opens the developer tools.
Step 4). In the top left (in chrome) there is a magnifying glass. Click the magnifying glass.
Step 5). Click the ad in question immediately after clicking the magnifying glass.
Step 6). Take a screen shot of the code in the developer tools which is highlighted.

In IE, I believe right-clicking on the ad and choosing Inspect Element will highlight the code needed.
On my Chrome, the instructions above didn't match.. it worked more like IE...
Firefox also is a right-click, Inspect

thanks for your help!

Glad to help, will do that next time it happens.

And don't get me/us wrong, we don't mind the ads at all. Totally understand the need for them to be there.
But it just seems a problem with one particular ad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back