Show list of threads with "likes"

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
It would be nice if there was a way to see our own postings where "likes" are indicated. When I get a "like" notification, I cannot always find the posting that is "liked" because it is not among my most recent postings. This is not an ego trip. Sometimes, when my posting is "liked", I feel compelled to post a clarification or further explanation, now that I know someone has taken an interest.

This usually gets asked every few months. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as you would like to think.
If you search this forum, you can find details of the past conversations on it.

This usually gets asked every few months. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as you would like to think.
If you search this forum, you can find details of the past conversations on it.

My forum search skills are not great. The only previous thread that I can find is my own in Mar 2014. The suggested procedure there -- click on threads that I participated in -- is not practical. Actually, I did try that for a while. But I'm too prolific. :) That's what precipitated this thread.

Oh well. I would like to mark this thread as "solved". Not really; but I realize it's as good as it gets. But I guess that's not a feature of this forum.

That thread (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/765428-how-see-threads-likes-received.html) contains links to many other discussions, if you are interested.

Yes. That is "my own [thread] in Mar 2014" that I mentioned.

In a nutshell, it is a limitation of the board software we are using.

Of course it is! I was suggesting a change ("It would be nice if..."). I was hoping to influence the Powers That Be to remove the limitation (improve the design).

But I have no knowledge of the origin of the "board software" used here. If it is a canned product from a third party and not open source, I fully understand that it might not be changeable.

In any case, we are beating a dead horse.

Yes. That is "my own [thread] in Mar 2014" that I mentioned.
I didn't even notice that. Then I expect that you should be well-versed in the issues surrounding this.

I was hoping to influence the Powers That Be to remove the limitation (improve the design).

But I have no knowledge of the origin of the "board software" used here.
Its listed at the bottom of every page: