Application.OnTime What is scheduled?

Niklas

Hi
I have used this excellent board several times when I have got stuck in Excel. Now Im stuck again and cant find the sollution on the board.

I have been using the OnTime function to schedule some events. Specifically procedures that I want to be runned at night.

My problem is that these scheduled OnTime actions sometimes gets out of hand, and I have no clue what is scheduled, and I have to restart excel to start from a clean sheet to reset all scheduled tasks.

How can I see all the scheduled tasks that are stored with the OnTime method, so that I can get an overview of the situation and maybe cancel some of them.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

/Niklas

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Upvote 0
Yes, I started to suspect as much, when I couldnt find any solution for it anywhere. As you say I will probably have to build my own tracking list of some sorts.

Thanks for your reply

Upvote 0
FWIW - Thought I'd try a long shot, so I scheduled a task with OnTime and then dumped the entire registry (created a 65 MB file with WinXP!). Used FIND to see if I could find the name of my scheduled job in the dumped file. I could not. So whereever it's stored, it's someplace internal to Excel itself. Which is really what I expected to find, given that OnTime activities' schedule gets deleted if you shut down the instance of Excel where they were scheduled.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Thought I best piggy back off this old thread. I too am having issues with understanding exactly what I have scheduled. So am I correct to assume from the below post that if I just close Excel down and reopen it, all Application.OnTimes currently running will be cancelled or does anyone have a way of checking now that 5 years ahve passed since this post???

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Troy

Upvote 0
There isn't a way (that I know of) to check them other than to keep track of them yourself (not that hard, since you are scheduling them). Restarting Excel does clear all the scheduled macros.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm. When I was (and still am) trying to understand how it worked I was scheduling things left right and centre under all sorts of different names and times. I am now getting errors as it looks for files that I have since deleted...

I definitely went in wearing a cowboy hat and paying the price. But if what you are saying is true, then I will just quit out of Excel, restart the computer and I should theoretically have a clean slate.

Upvote 0
You shouldn't need to restart the computer, just Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back