why do my lines keep hiding?

This is a discussion on why do my lines keep hiding? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a workbook and the lines keep hiding. I.E I have line no 1072-1145 hidden then until line 1416 ...

Board Regular

Default why do my lines keep hiding?

I have a workbook and the lines keep hiding. I.E I have line no 1072-1145 hidden then until line 1416 is ok then line 1417-1456 hidden and ok till line 1460-1574 hidden.

Whats the reason this keeps happening and is there any way I can unhide all the lines without unhiding everyone seperately.

Many Thanks

MrExcel MVP

Are there any macros or Subtotals with drill-down menus in this file?
    TIPS FOR FINDING EXCEL SOLUTIONS
    1. Use the built-in Help that comes with Excel/Access
    2. Use the Search functionality on this board
    3. A lot of VBA code can be acquired by using the Macro Recorder.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life!"

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: why do my lines keep hiding?

I have a workbook and the lines keep hiding. I.E I have line no 1072-1145 hidden then until line 1416 is ok then line 1417-1456 hidden and ok till line 1460-1574 hidden.

Whats the reason this keeps happening
    You say they keep hiding. When do they hide? Are they unhidden when you start? Is it happening in all sheets and all workbooks or just some/one? Do they seem to hide when you take a particular action?

and is there any way I can unhide all the lines without unhiding everyone seperately.
    1. Click the 'Select All' button (grey rectangle above row 1 and left of column A labels.
    2. Format|Row|Unhide
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter

- Read: Posting Guidelines, Forum Rules & FAQs
    - Want to post a small screen shot? Try one of these Excel jeanie, MrExcel HTML Maker or Borders-Copy-Paste (To test: Test Here)
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker

Board Regular

I may of found the answer but wanna confirm. I took all the filters off the workbook and all of a sudden all the missing lines re appear.

Is this common?

MrExcel MVP

I may of found the answer but wanna confirm. I took all the filters off the workbook and all of a sudden all the missing lines re appear.

Is this common?
    You didn't mention that there were filters on the sheet but that is exactly what filters are for - to hide rows.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter

- Read: Posting Guidelines, Forum Rules & FAQs
    - Want to post a small screen shot? Try one of these Excel jeanie, MrExcel HTML Maker or Borders-Copy-Paste (To test: Test Here)
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others