Dynamic print ranges become static

DarrenC

I have set-up a dynamic range using Offset and Count functions to capture the range of data I want to print form a sheet.

I can type the range name into the print area box on the
File/Page Set Up/Sheet menu. This sets the range OK.

The problem is that after closing the dialog box, the range name I have typed in reverts to the cell reference of the range when I typed in the name (eg. A1:K13) instead of picking up the named range I typed in. This means that ven thought I have a dynamic range, I still have a static print range.

Is there any way I can use a dynamic range to set the print area, and have the print area change as the dynamic range changes ?

One other request is that should not use macros/VBA so I won't have to have the entire spreadsheet audited.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Rather than set a dynamic range and then make the print area equal to that range, make the Print_Area range dynamic itself.

The named range Print_Area is the area that will be printed and can be made dynamic directly.

Upvote 0
Set any print area, then go to Insert | Name | Define and find Print_Area. Use the normal offset and count functions to make the area called Print_Area dynamic.

Upvote 0
This works great if the Table is not moved, however, each month I copy the table and insert the copy in front of the old one then fill with data. The print range moves with the old table to the new columns the old table now occupies.
Is there a way of keeping the same columns in the print range, Ie old columns F-I, move table to right 5 columns, now new print range should be F-I, however excel has moved it to follow the table to K-N.
How can I set it for F-I and keep that even when columns are added in front of it? Is it possible?

Thanks Glove_Man

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rdeane

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back