Excel errors

Captian Chewy

I am having some problems with excel that may be connected to contacts as well. This is said because the problems seem to have began with calendar. First - No virus is detected. Second - No uninstall or reinstall is possible the software denies this option. Already tried to repair uninstall and reinstall. I have read others post however I can find nothing on this issue. A little direction or advise would be great.
When trying to open an excel file it begins to install excel (this is strange since excel with the complete microsoft suite pro plus has been installed for a month or better and I have been using excel and contacts with no problems). When it begins to install I get this error message - Error 1304 - Error writing to file microsoft.office.infopath.formcontrol.dll verify you have access to that directory. If I then click ok to continue I get an - Error 2350 - An internal error has occurred ( ) contact microsoft product support services PSS for assistance. For more information about how to contact PSS see PSS10R.CHM "This has been no help at all". If I continue down this road and I have "several times" The next road sign is an error 1334 the file IPformct.DLL cannot be installed because file can not be found in cabinet file 'Proplsww.cab' This could indicate a network problem or an error reading from the CD drive or a problem with this package. Have uninstalled all previous software and run virus scans nothing found and nothing helps. I have installed this software on another computer and it works with no problems so it is not the disk. The computer is hardwared to one other computer - - both are home computers.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I have tried this but there were some problems so I thought maybe I am a idiot and missing something. Well.. maybe I am still a little thick in the head. When one right clicks on desktop - system - there is not performance tab unless you go to advanced tab first then you have performance listed with a settings tab but this does not have the option of file system that was stated. Only Visual effects- advanced - data execution prevention. I am running Windows XP Pro (2006) this step is listed in several of the instructions. I have read through and tried to complete all but it does not seem to be a way to complete all the steps unless I am missing something here.

Thanks RM

Upvote 0
Can anyone redirect me to a thread or site where I can find some more material on this issue. Anything I can research that will possibly help.

Thanks RM

VoG II - appreciate your help thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maXam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back