Aim Line in Chart

This is a discussion on Aim Line in Chart within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; In Excel 2007, I am trying to create an aimline (not a trendline) that "stretches" across the variable chart dates ...

Default Aim Line in Chart

In Excel 2007, I am trying to create an aimline (not a trendline) that "stretches" across the variable chart dates (I have an =OFFSET with named ranges for dates and #correct), with up to 50 possible entries for each. The chart is of student reading fluency scores, ie. we record the date and the # of words correctly read. The aimline would be the minimum score a student at that grade level would be in the FALL to the SPRING minimum (ie. Fall would be 84 for a 3rd grader; Spring would be 76). With the dates being highly variable, not sure how to handle this one!

Default Re: Aim Line in Chart

Hi and welcome to the board.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for - I think you want to put a target line on your chart? If so, this page from Jon Peltier's site should help you. (His blog entry from the following day shows how to do a non-static target, if that is more useful.)

If that's not what you want, please post back with more details.
    Emma

Your apparent nonchalance belies the fact that you can only think of me.

Default Re: Aim Line in Chart

Hi, thanks for the reply. I figured it out; I needed a begin/end date. Thanks so much!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others