How to convert a large PDF file to an Excel file?

bzhang20032003

Monthly I get pages and pages of PDF report. In order to do calculation, I would like to convert it to an Excel file. Do you know there is a way to do it? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Just a second ago I saw on this very site an ad for a pdf to excel tool - keep clicking around, maybe it reappears :)

Upvote 0
Stephan, is this software free to download and use ? Or is it a trial version / demo / shareware ?

many thanks for the information.

Upvote 0
I havent got the foggiest idea stormseed :)
I just happend to see the OP on a day when the ad was active, so I followed it and posted the link. I haven't actually paid too much attention to what the site actually says in regards to cost etc..., sorry.

Upvote 0
thats OK, Stephan. thanks again for your response.

I would have been interested if at all it were a free software. Nevertheless, we get a lot of softwares for converting PDF files to Excel but these are trial versions. I could not find a single free software for so long and so I have to play a bad role of cracking them ;)

Upvote 0
JUst had a quick look at the site - Cost is US$ 99 for the full version, which converts pdf to pretty much all MS Office Standard Apps. A free 7 day trial version is also available for dl. (the prog has about 6GB)

Upvote 0
US$ 99 is around 4500 Rupees and this amount is a lot of money atleast in Bombay ! Never in my dreams, I would pay this kind of money for these types of softwares :mad:

My sole intention for asking you about it was - if some company is giving it for free, why do I bother about going through the torrent sites on the internet ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back