Userform stops macro - how to continue w/it still visible?

ScottNiag

This MUST be simple. I am using a userform with 2 labels on top of each other to act as a progress indicator. I want to load it and leav it loaded while other macros do stuff. Every once in a while, I want to change the .left and .width of the 2 labels to reflect the progress. Everything is fine except - the minute the userform loads, everything stops. There must be some setting or other which can do this. Thks

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Well, the code is pretty well irrelevant. All I want to do is display a userform and then have the macro that called it continue on its way without
1) Unloading the Userform, or
2) stopping and requiring the user to do anything to the Userform before continuing

Upvote 0
Now that I think of it, the question is also applicable to msgboxes. How can I get a msgbox to appear and stay there, without requiring the user to click anything, while still continuing on with the macro.

I have a macro doing thousands of loops, and I want to show the pregress to the user. I already display progress on the statusbar, but I was hoping to upgrade it to something moire visually appealing.

Upvote 0
The issue is with the Modal setting of these objects. I use XL97 which doesn't allow you to alter these settings. Check the help file you have for your version of Excel for MODAL and see what you come up with. I'm afraid that I don't know much about this property.

Upvote 0
Hi ScottNiag

I can't help with the Msg Box but here is a link to Erlandsen's VBA site. It has a good example of a single or double progress bar that you can attach your macros to. It might help with your problem.

http://edc.bizhosting.com/english/

Upvote 0
Scott,

See if this works to allow your form to remain on the screen while your code runs.

frmTest.Show vbModeless

The MsgBox is modal by design and will interupt execution until the user reacts to it.

Bob

Upvote 0
ScottNiag said:
Now that I think of it, the question is also applicable to msgboxes. How can I get a msgbox to appear and stay there, without requiring the user to click anything, while still continuing on with the macro.

quote]

Microsoft has decided to deal with your concern, and millions of similiar concerns, by eliminating MsgBox in VB .Net.

And the answer is....... Use a form.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iaincmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back