How to Copy formula To Entire Column

This is a discussion on How to Copy formula To Entire Column within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'd like to learn how to copy a formula to an entire row without having to drag the formula down. ...

Default How to Copy formula To Entire Column

I'd like to learn how to copy a formula to an entire row without having to drag the formula down.

Thanks,

Noob Paul

Board Regular

Default Re: How to Copy formula To Entire Column

Your title and text conflict. Do you want to fill a formula down a column (many rows) or across a row (many columns)?

Also, it is very inefficient to copy a formula down an entire column (65,000+ rows). If you are trying to copy the formula down a column, and if there is data going all the way down in the column to the left or right of the formula column, simply hover your mouse over the lower right corner of the first formula cell until it turns to a cross (plus-sign) then double-click.

Same cannot be done with going across columns in a single row, though.
    Where to upload Excel files so threads don't take 20+ posts to get the correct answer from guessing:

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/
    FileFactory: http://www.filefactory.com/

Also, in your thread or in your signature TELL US WHAT VERSION OF EXCEL YOU'RE USING!!!

I'm using Excel 2007. My solutions will be appropriate for that version unless you tell us otherwise.

Default Re: How to Copy formula To Entire Column

Sorry meant column only. I'm creating a spreadsheet that after it's finished I don't want to have to help with other operator errors. I'm using excel 2003

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others