How do you select multiple checkboxes in Excel 2007?

stuckagain22

Board Regular
I have found this very frustrating in Excel 2007!

I have 200+ form checkboxes that I want to select all at once.

With pre-Excel 2007 versions, I would just select the arrow pointer from the Drawing toolbar and that would allow me to drag & drop a selection square around the desired control boxes.

I have spent hours trying to find a similar feature in Excel 2007, but I just can't find it.

Please help.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I'm afraid I don't use Excel 2007 so I can't suggest an answer to your question, but I'm sorry I do have a question of my own - why do you have 200+ checkboxes.:)

Upvote 0
One way to do it is to right click on the Quick Access Toolbar and choose Customize. In the Choose Commands From drop-down list, choose All Commands. Scroll down to find "Select Multiple Objects" and then select Add. Then press OK. Now this tool is on your "QAT". Select the tool and the rest should be self explanatory.

Upvote 0
One way to do it is to right click on the Quick Access Toolbar and choose Customize. In the Choose Commands From drop-down list, choose All Commands. Scroll down to find "Select Multiple Objects" and then select Add. Then press OK. Now this tool is on your "QAT". Select the tool and the rest should be self explanatory.

This is not a viable method! It lists all OBJECTS in the sheet and you still have to manually check the ones you want (for instance, if you want just the checkboxes and not the buttons, you have to MANUALLY SELECT each one!!) This is ridiculous!!! There's got to be a way to drag over the ones you want to select and move them or change their attributes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still haven't found a way to do this either. In previous versions of Excel (prior to Excel 2007) it was so simple. I'm sure there must be some way to select them in a similar way as the previous versions, but it seems that I have stumped the Excel guru's on this one.

Upvote 0
Bump (since this is the most active message board I have ever seen in my entire life and things get buried 20 pages back within a stinking hour!!) :)

Upvote 0
kgartin

It might be an idea to start your own thread - this one was originally started almost 2 months ago.

You also don't seem to have really asked a question.:)

Upvote 0
Bump (since this is the most active message board I have ever seen in my entire life and things get buried 20 pages back within a stinking hour!!) :)

and

I still haven't found a way to do this either. In previous versions of Excel (prior to Excel 2007) it was so simple. I'm sure there must be some way to select them in a similar way as the previous versions, but it seems that I have stumped the Excel guru's on this one.

Very simple (everything is if you know how, I guess) because the checkboxes are from the Forms toolbar as was originally noted.

This codeline in a macro or from the Immediate Window (Alt+F11 > Ctrl+G) will select all Forms checkboxes:

ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Select

Upvote 0
and

Very simple (everything is if you know how, I guess) because the checkboxes are from the Forms toolbar as was originally noted.

This codeline in a macro or from the Immediate Window (Alt+F11 > Ctrl+G) will select all Forms checkboxes:

ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Select

**scratches head**

No...I just want to be able to drag across a group of checkboxes (say there are 100 and I only want to select 50 of them). I want to select a tool that looks like an arrow (or whatever...I'm easy) and then click and drag over some checkboxes and have all of the ones the little arrow passed over while the left mouse button was clicked become selected (just like you would click and drag over a selection of text in, say, this paragraph).

Upvote 0
The original question was for all checkboxes to be selected.

You are asking for only some.

There is no "arrow" with the functionality you decribe.

It would be easier if you stick to one thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back