Name Manager doesn't open

This is a discussion on Name Manager doesn't open within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; This one is weird, even for me. When I open a certain file, and then click on Formulas-->Name Manager, I ...

Board Regular

Default Name Manager doesn't open

This one is weird, even for me.

When I open a certain file, and then click on Formulas-->Name Manager, I get an hourglass for about 10-15 seconds and then nothing happens. I'm clicking on Name Manager so I can see all of the named ranges in the workbook.

I know the workbook has named ranges, and even if I add another one (using "Define Name") it still will not display the name manager window.

Anyone had this problem before. The file is riddled with named ranges because whenever I try to make a copy of an existing worksheet I get the pop-up bos telling em the named range alreayd exists on the destination sheet. I'd like to be able to us e Name Manager to trim down the use of named ranges but I can't even get it to open.

Anyone had a similar problem?
    - Ryan

Default Re: Name Manager doesn't open

Hi Ryan,

I haven't had this issue but have you tried the normal name box above column A and to see what it lists, also you could try creating a simple formula in a cell like autosum by using ALT + = then once the sum function appears you could press F3 which will list all of the named ranges.

If you recorded a macro to then use the named range then perhaps you could look at the code to remove any name you don't need.
    Trevor
    I am on a learning curve of life, I know a little but like to share what I have learnt with others.
    I am using Microsoft Office 2003 to 2013
    Please remember everyone here is a volunteer, so if you have had a reply to your thread be courteous and acknowledge this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post
    Hi Ryan,

I haven't had this issue but have you tried the normal name box above column A and to see what it lists, also you could try creating a simple formula in a cell like autosum by using ALT + = then once the sum function appears you could press F3 which will list all of the named ranges.

If you recorded a macro to then use the named range then perhaps you could look at the code to remove any name you don't need.
    So impressive sharing! What I need is in your post ! Thanks a lot !

Welcome to the Forum Anne2010,

Pleased that just reading the threads you have found a solution.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    I am on a learning curve of life, I know a little but like to share what I have learnt with others.
    I am using Microsoft Office 2003 to 2013
    Please remember everyone here is a volunteer, so if you have had a reply to your thread be courteous and acknowledge this.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others