Excel 2007 Data Bars

This is a discussion on Excel 2007 Data Bars within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'm creating a dashboard report using the new Data Bars options under conditional formatting of Excel 2007. I already have ...

Board Regular

Default Excel 2007 Data Bars

I'm creating a dashboard report using the new Data Bars options under conditional formatting of Excel 2007.

I already have one set of data bars created on data that ranges from 2 up to 320.

I now want to add another set of data bars to a different set of data with a much smaller number range (10 to 55).

Both data sets will increase week on week, but the maximum number in the second data set will always be about 5 or 6 times less than the maximum value in the first data set.

Is there any way - using the data bars - to display the length of the bar so that it relates to the length of the bars in the first data set? In other words, a value of 50 in both data sets will have a data bar of the same length?

UPDATE:
    I've figured out a way to do it by rearranging my data so that I had the figures for both data sets in the same column and just creating a single range with the data bars conditional formating. Simples!
    Last edited by JugglerJAF; Apr 8th, 2010 at 07:11 AM.
    It's curtains for your Dr. Horrible ... lacy, gently wafting curtains.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others