Using COUNTIF function to count cells between values

This is a discussion on Using COUNTIF function to count cells between values within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi, I'm having a mental block that I'm hoping that someone can help with... I have a column containing number ...

Default Using COUNTIF function to count cells between values

Hi,

I'm having a mental block that I'm hoping that someone can help with...

I have a column containing number of days to resolve a certain issue. What I'm looking to do is produce a summary tab to show the number within certain ranges (i.e. how many took between 1-10 days, 11-20 days, 21-30 days, etc).

How can I do this without the use of a Pivot Table? I'd imagine I'd need to get the countif function to look at multiple calculations, but just cant work out how to do it!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

A

Default Re: Using COUNTIF function to count cells between values

If the number of days are in column B, this will count the number of entries in column B that are from 11 to 20

=COUNTIF(B:B, ">=11")-COUNTIF(B:B,">20")

If you have Excel 2007 or later, you could use the COUNTIFS function instead

=COUNTIFS(B:B, ">=11", B:B,"<=20")

Sorry to piggy back, but I also have a COUNTIF? Can you create a formula using COUNTIF that will exclude the weekends when trying to count data. I'm looking to count everyting with a date 8/5 and prior, but I don't want to include the weekends.

To nerojr:

You should really start a new thread. The answer to your question is quite different. Take a look at the NETWORKDAYS function