HOW CAN I DISABLE the "CANNOT FIND AUTO TEMPLATE WIZARD" every time my invoices open?

thankyou

Board Regular
Please help. Have put too much time searching for this solution over the past few months. HOW CAN I DISABLE the

"CANNOT OPEN AUTOTEMPLATE WIZARD"

every time my invoices open?

I run Excel 2003 and these invoices are based on an old one we modified from perhaps one of those templates. Btw, even if we delete all macros and modules, the notice keeps appearing on open. That notice, while a pain in the ..., we could deal with for years by just closing it, but now, it's actually getting in the way of running a certain find and replace program. So thanks for your solution. I read one post online somewhere that said something about downloading TMPLWIZ.exe from microsoft kb support, hoping maybe that would help me too, but after install, I can't even see it under Tools > Add-ins, and not even sure that's the solution. So HOPEFULLY you guys will have experience and be able to help us solve this fester. Thanks very much.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Thanks Rman. That definitely helped. For others who are experiencing the same prob, the link provided gives the solution in the last post apparently. I have to reinstall Office 2003 (11) first. In the meantime I'm struggling to find where those 1 or 2 files install to on that ms kb down load link. Across the web, other people having trouble finding that...maybe precisely because those who need it don't have 2002 installed, and maybe (?) that's where the .exe installs them to... or nowhere if you don't have that path, sort of strange. A search for that wztmplt.xla file on my system repeatedly finds nothing. Does anyone know where that .exe installs those 1 or 2 files to if you don't have 2002/office 10? If not, I'll just try as he recommended to find a machine running that version and extract those files from office10 library and bring'em over to my 2003 lib. Thank you again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back