Missing data curves in my graphs?

sbutk

I’ve encountered what to me seems to be a very strange problem. I have an Excel worksheet with the prices of the 16 stocks currently in my portfolio, charted on a daily basis – that’s 16 different charts (XY scatter) of day vs. price data. I’ve been updating this worksheet daily for several years, and so each plot grows by one day (data point) at a time. The strange this is, as of a couple days ago, 11 out of the 16 plots are now blank. That is, the empty plots are there, label and all; they just contain no data curve. They were fine for all that time up until now. And the other 5 plots are still fine. On those plots with the missing data, the ‘source data’ is as it always was when the curve was visible. In fact, when clicking on the graph, the data columns that ought to be plotted are outlined in purple and blue, as was always the case. …So I’m wondering if I didn’t reach some unspecified limit on the number of data points that an Excel worksheet can hold? Otherwise I’m at a loss. I’m pretty sure I didn’t make any drastic changes. And when comparing the way this data is plotted to the data for the 5 charts that do show up, I see no difference. …Does anyone have any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
NEVER MIND, IGNORE MY REQUEST FOR HELP.

(I found the one subtle change that did apparently get made somehow.)

:oops:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back