Multiple Worksheet_Change in a sheet?

KiaOrana

Hi guys,

I have created a dashboard in which I have 30 or so graphs. I would like some of the graphs (14 in total) to display only if they meet a condition chosen by two drop downs cell.

In the first drop down cell (let's say A1), the user will chose a day of the week, and depending of that day, the matching graph will display. That is what's being done in the first statement below

Then, in the second drop down (here A50), the user selects another day of the week (independant from the first one) and the graphs will display accordingly. This is my second statement below

However, I came up with two Worksheet_Change which does not seem to work. It seems that I need to combine my two statements. Do you have any ideas how I cold do so?

Here is the code:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim SelectedChart As Range
Dim blnVisible As Boolean

Set SelectedChart = Range("A1")

blnVisible = SelectedChart.Value = ""

' Make first all charts invisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Monday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Tuesday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Wednesday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Thursday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Friday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Saturday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Sunday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Average").Visible = blnVisible

If Not blnVisible Then ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(SelectedChart).Visible = True

End Sub

Set SelectedChart = Range("A50")

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Monday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Tuesday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Wednesday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Thursday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Friday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Saturday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Sunday").Visible = blnVisible
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("EGMs in Use Week Overview").Visible = blnVisible

End Sub
Many Thanks!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Welcome to the Board!

I'm heading out for the day, so this is imcomplete, but it should give you an idea about how to combine the two events with a Select Case statement:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> SelectedChart <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> blnVisible <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Boolean</SPAN><br>    <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Worksheet_Change(<SPAN style="color:#00007F">ByVal</SPAN> Target <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range)<br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Code goes in the Worksheet specific module</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> rng <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set Target Range, i.e. Range("A1, B2, C3"), or Range("A1:B3")</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> rng = Target.Parent.Range("A1,A50")<br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Only look at single cell changes</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Target.Count > 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Only look at that range</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Intersect(Target, rng) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Action if Condition(s) are met (do your thing here...)</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Select</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Case</SPAN> Target.Address<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Case</SPAN> "$A$1"<br>                <SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Make first all charts invisible</SPAN><br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> ActiveSheet<br>                        .ChartObjects("Monday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Tuesday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Wednesday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Thursday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Friday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Saturday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Sunday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("Average").Visible = blnVisible<br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Case</SPAN> "$A$50"<br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> ActiveSheet<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Monday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Tuesday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Wednesday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Thursday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Friday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Saturday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use on Sunday").Visible = blnVisible<br>                        .ChartObjects("EGMs in Use Week Overview").Visible = blnVisible<br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Select</SPAN><br>                <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

HTH,

Upvote 0
I'll be buried tomorrow, but post back with how it goes and I'll check in if I can.

Upvote 0
*Sorry I might have double posted but I can't find the previous one!

Hello!

I know it is an old thread, but my problem is very similar to Kia's. As obvious at it seems, I'm a pure VBA newbie!

I am building a dashboard and I need to put lots of graph in it.

That is why I used VBA to be able to show/hide some of them in a part of my dashboard.

I used simple VBA lines to do so.

Now I would like to repeat the same opeation for another part of my dashboard. I face the same worksheet_change
problem and I don't really know how to combine two events.

Thanks in advance!

Hugo

PS:This is basically what does my simple line is to show/hide graphs:

Set SelectedChart = Range("G5")

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Test1").Visible = blnVisible
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Test2").Visible = blnVisible
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Test3").Visible = blnVisible

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back