Time Card Help - easy Formulas?

Grizzle33

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance to anyone helping with this.
I am having a issue creating a SIMPLE time card.

I just need help with the formulas. I have been manually entering and figuring out exact time for each employee, and I figured this could help me.
I've searched everywhere for a decent time card I could utilize, haven't found one yet.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
here's the image below, sorry for the size.

buGhR.jpg

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I wanted to edit this a bit, but I cannot find that option.

I only really need help with one day, and I can figure out the rest myself. Thanks!

-Josh

Upvote 0
Total hours in f4 formula should be :(c4-c4)+(E4-D4)

make sure the column is formatted as hours.

Upvote 0
I have this for F4

=IF(((C4-B4)+(E4-D4))*24=0,"",((C4-B4)+(E4-D4))*24)

Upvote 0
The formulas / calculations can be straightforward and simple - as long as your time inputs utilize exact values (i.e. using the correct dates).

Excel time values are a component of a date value. See below for examples: Cells A1 through A6 all contain the exact same value - they are just displayed with different formats. If you were to input just a time - we'll use 8:00 AM - Excel records that as 1/0/1900 8:00:00 AM - even if you do not see the date.

I believe that the key factor for you would be to use exact / valid dates and times - even if you only display the time (by formatting the cells). Then your calculation becomes a very simple mathematical formula. Note that the additions and subtractions in this formula (Cell F9) are calculating the portion / fraction of a day (i.e. 24 hours) so this value is multiplied by 24 to convert it to hours.

Sheet1
A
B
C
D
E
F
07/24/12 8:00 AM
07/24/12
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
8:00 AM
8:00
TOTAL
IN
OUT
IN
OUT
HOURS
8:00 AM
11:30 AM
12:00 PM
4:30 PM
------------------------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

<tbody>
</tbody>
Excel 2010

Worksheet Formulas
Cell
Formula
F9
=(E9-D9+C9-B9)*24

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
I've got one for you. Give me an email addy to send it to!

Upvote 0
One more issue I'm having and then it should be golden. If someone is off on Vacation how can I make the time show up in that column? I could just leave the day blank, and manually enter their vacation hours in G14 - And then it would total correctly in the Weekly Totals. Any ideas to have it be done automatically though?

Upvote 0
If you want to format the IN & OUT cells simply as Text and enter data in 4 figures like this ..

GHIJK
INOUTINOUT
0000150016001700'=((LEFT(H16, etc

<tbody>
</tbody>

Assuming that the above times are in row 16, Enter the formula below in the Cell K16 to manipulate/convert the textual entries to their numeric value related to a calendar day. As written by previous poster, a calendar day = 1. One Hour = 1/24. One Minute = 1 / (24*60).

=((LEFT(H16,2)*60+RIGHT(H16,2))-(LEFT(G16,2)*60+RIGHT(G16,2))+LEFT(J16,2)*60+RIGHT(J16,2)-LEFT(I16,2)*60+RIGHT(I16,2))/60

GHIJK
INOUTINOUT

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back