"Not enough Memory"

RichardLW

I have a workbook that I've used for about 17 years through different versions of Excel, first on PC's, then on my Mac. Currently on Office 2011 (14.2.5) (since the day it came out plus the update). I re-did it in Nov 2010 when the Office 2011 came out. My MacBook Pro is a 2.66 Core duo with 8 GB of ram. The workbook is only 940 KB, and has only 11 sheets, one with a link to one another sheet, and another with multiple links to different sheet.

Ten days ago it started giving me the "Not enough Memory" error when trying to save or autosave. I tried restarting excel, rebooting, etc. Finally changed the name and restored the sheet from my time capsule. It worked fine for a few days and then repeated the problem. Again I restored the sheet, changed the name, and it worked fine for two days. Then the message again.

It can't be the file size. I have a similar sheet for other products that is 5.5MB and works fine. It gives me the message whether or not I have the linked files open.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
That is what I did first. Most topics are on windows machines. Not Macs. I followed mac leads to check and repair disk, restored, and got the same error.

Is there any way to find where the error is in Excel?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back