This is a discussion on Find duplicate cell, insert row below, calculate VBA within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Greetings, After searching the forum, I cannot locate anything similar to this scenario, so here it is: 1. Locate duplicate ...
After searching the forum, I cannot locate anything similar to this scenario, so here it is:
1. Locate duplicate part numbers (Column C).
2. When identified, insert a blank row below
3. Copy cells above blank cell in Columns A, C, D, and E
4. Concatenate the two cells above blank cell in Columns B and F with " / " between
5. Sum the two cells above blank cell in Columns G, H, I, L-BI
6. Calculate blank cells in Columns J and K (Ex. I4+H4-G4)
The attachment has the before and after scenarios.
Thank you very much for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from the resident VBA experts.
For the duplicate side of things if the data is in order, you can pick a column, and use:
Run that down (Autofill Down)
if it's not in order, then use:
That will make it easy to identify where you need to act. Everything that has a 1 is a duplicate.
For the balance of the request, you could record the requirements in excel, and then replay it as required.
If you're not proficient in VBA code, then try this:
Best VBA beginners book
Good Excel VBA books for beginners?
Best of luck
Write a man a macro he is happy for the day....teach a man to write a macro, he'll be happy forever!