Show ONLY Grand Total in Pivot table

This is a discussion on Show ONLY Grand Total in Pivot table within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi Guys, I need help...I am building a Pivot table and I need to show ONLY the Grand totals at ...

Default Show ONLY Grand Total in Pivot table

Hi Guys,

I need help...I am building a Pivot table and I need to show ONLY the Grand totals at the end of the table. In the example below I want to show only Total volume Stage movement at the end and not the subtotals in the columns. THANK YOU in advance

Column Labels
    Pipeline Best Case Commit Closed Total Value Total VolumeStageMovement
    Row Labels Value VolumeStageMovement Value VolumeStageMovement Value VolumeStageMovement Value VolumeStageMovement
    EMEA_NORTHERN 15,511,556 8 15,633,485 4 7,071,877 5 1,823,840 2 40,040,759 19
    EMEA_CENTRAL 10,520,133 2 9,825,421 60 4,796,352 5 1,322,449 37 26,464,355 104
    EMEA_SOUTHERN 11,052,674 8 16,486,325 16 6,990,164 16 2,597,941 17 37,127,104 57
    EMEA_EMERGING 18,850,586 1 20,279,712 35 10,408,538 44 2,596,966 10 52,135,803 90
    Grand Total 55,934,949 19 62,224,943 115 29,266,931 70 8,341,198 66 155,768,021 270

Default Re: Show ONLY Grand Total in Pivot table

Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

Can you post the data that you are creating the Pivot Table from?
    Use the link in my signature to post sample data.
    Then perhaps someone can recreate your Pivot Table for you and advise.

Ak
    A reply is not only helpful to others, but polite to those who have provided a solution!!

To post sample data go here....
    HtmlMaker
    Excel Genie
    Use Borders

Upload a Sample File

Visit here for some EXCELlent videos...

Quote Originally Posted by Akashwani View Post
    Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

Can you post the data that you are creating the Pivot Table from?
    Use the link in my signature to post sample data.
    Then perhaps someone can recreate your Pivot Table for you and advise.

Ak
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

The thing that I am asking is about the PT options. I have used this data just for illustration purposes. The thing is that everytime when you drag an extra field from your data into the Values field of the PT it shows the Subtotals and Grand total rows. The manual and clumsy way to do this is to simply hide the rows of the spreadsheet but I tought that there must be a clever way of doing this.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

The thing that I am asking is about the PT options. I have used this data just for illustration purposes. The thing is that everytime when you drag an extra field from your data into the Values field of the PT it shows the Subtotals and Grand total rows. The manual and clumsy way to do this is to simply hide the rows of the spreadsheet but I tought that there must be a clever way of doing this.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks
    This makes perfect sense. You already have your your data summing on breaks, you just want to bolt another total column without al the needless partial sums.

I am also looking for a solution. If you have found one, I would be interested as well.

Not add to the clumsiness of 'hiding' the columns, but one could build a sheet macro to 'hide' all columns with the subtotal name.

Hope we getter a better response.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you require or not.....

Excel Pivot Table Tutorial -- Show and Hide Items

It's a VBA solution.

I hope that's a more helpful response.

Ak
    A reply is not only helpful to others, but polite to those who have provided a solution!!

To post sample data go here....
    HtmlMaker
    Excel Genie
    Use Borders

Upload a Sample File

Visit here for some EXCELlent videos...

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others