Macro Add-in that inserts, runs and removes a module in the active workbook

patsdavixen

Hi,

I have a macro that copies data from several workbooks saved in a particular folder to a master workbook.
The problem is that this macro only works when it is included as a module in the master workbook. Unfortunately, I cannot ask the users of this macro to insert a module, copy the code and run it each time they want to consolidate the master workbook. Therefore, I wanted to use this code by including it in a Add-In that I already prepared. The problem is that this consolidation macro does not run when it is in an add-in. Could anyone please help me create a code that I can include in a macro add in that would insert a module in the master file, include the code that I already have, run it and then delete the module? The add-in would be password protected. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi Andrew,

I had a different question that I posted on this forum and received a perfect code. Here is the link:http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...kbooks-into-master-file-loop.html#post3427313

The problem is that the final code that I included in my earlier post (at the above mentioned link) only works when it is inserted as a module in the active workbook.
I've mentioned details of the error on the aforementioned thread as well.
I've started a new thread as this really becomes a new questions that I thought would benefit many.
I hope that's alright.

Thanks,
Pat

Upvote 0
Try changing this line:

Rich (BB code):
Set wbM = ThisWorkbook

to:

Rich (BB code):
Set wbM = ActiveWorkbook

Upvote 0
Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your help :) You are a life saver.
A point to note for anyone who wants to use this code is that you need to keep the Add-In and the master file in the same folder since the consolidated master file is saved where ever the Add-In is saved. The Add-In is now the Active workbook.

Thank you,
Pat

Upvote 0
I apologize for the "active workbook" term. I meant that the location (path) of the Add-in needs to be the same path and folder folder that you want the master file to be saved at. The master file is saved where ever the Add-In is located.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back