VBA Close Window

MDuff

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all I have been Playing with this simple code And I had a Question Every time the code runs with the part in bold it asks me if I want to save the Changes to the workbook (this work book has links) Is there I way I can have excel say yes or know to this with out having to click on it
Any help is very appreciated

private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="12345"

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"\\Crsjofil001\Accounts\GEA\Warranty Management\HR Documents\Performance Appraisals\Performance Appraisals - 2nd Semester 2003\GEA Performance Appraisals Warranty Management II 2003 xls.xls"

ActiveWindow.Close
Windows("PA Summary WM.xls").Activate

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="12345", DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

thanks Mike

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Code:
ActiveWindow.Close True

(to save changes)
or

Code:
ActiveWindow.Close  False
to close without saving changes

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Thanks Worked Like a Charm :pray:

WillR

Upvote 0
Hi all I have an other question about this code is there a way to tell excel that if the file is already open not to run the code? what happens if a person has GEA Performance Appraisals Warranty Management II 2003 xls.xls already open it will give a message that the file is already open etc and then give a error with the code.

thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hello,

I need to close a window but i get a popup saying "There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. do you want to be able to paste this information into another program later?"

Is there anyway i can add some code to close this message box as no after my activewindow.close false? or will it not work because its a OS based pop up message?

Regards,
Hub

Upvote 0
Hello,

I need to close a window but i get a popup saying "There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. do you want to be able to paste this information into another program later?"

Is there anyway i can add some code to close this message box as no after my activewindow.close false? or will it not work because its a OS based pop up message?

Regards,
Hub

Maybe:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Your Code

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Upvote 0
Mr. Davis, you are a sexy man.

That worked beautifully. Thank you for your repsonse and help.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have a different quite serioues and I guess difficult probelm with ActiveWindows.Close or ActiveWorkbook.Close.

I have a macro opening files in a given folder (sorry for Polish nems of the variables, hope this won't bother you):

Sub odpal_dir()
sciezka = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Do przeliczenia\"
nazwa_pliku = Dir(sciezka)

Do While nazwa_pliku <> ""
Set odczytany = Workbooks.Open(sciezka & nazwa_pliku)
odczytany.Sheets("Data").Select
Calculate
Application.Run "'" & nazwa_pliku & "'!CashFlow"
nazwa_pliku = Dir
ThisWorkbook.Activate
Loop
End Sub

As you can see this macro triggers macro CashFlow defined in the files opend by macro odpal_dir (each file contains macro cashflow). Now let's have a look on this internal macro:

Sub cashflow()
'Code (irrelevant)
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True 'or ActiveWindows.Close
End Sub

Unfortunately, after opening the first file and running the internal macro "cashflow" the code interrupts and the other files are not opened. It seems as if closing window/workbook causes excel to lose track of the external code.
I know one possible solution: I can remove line: "ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True" from the internal macros "cashflow" and transfer it to the external macro "odpal_dir". However, it would be convenient for me to have the line in the internal macros, as the internal macros are sometimes run separately and than I would like the internal macro to save and close the file after code execution.
Any possible solution to my problem. I guess it might be unsolvable - if you think so please let me know so I can give up and wase no more time.

BR,
misiorto

Upvote 0
From what I see, the Cash Flow macro would stop execution when it closes the Active workbook. Why not just save the changes instead?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back