Making multiple graphs from one table

Kitty123

Hi there,

I have large set of data that I need to make multiple line graphs from, based on what I am filtering on.

For example, I have something similar to this
A 13
A 45
A 23
B 65
B 23
B 56

What I would like to do is filter by "A", make a chart with that info, and then, using the same table, filter by "B" and make another chart using that data. Is this at all possible? The issue that I'm having now is that when I unfilter to make the second graph, the first graph doesn't lock in with the original data and changes.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi Pup,

I think I may have been a little unclear in my original post. What I have is a table with thousands of lines of data for topics "A", "B", "C", etc. What I would like to do is make hundreds of separate, static graphs for the info for "A", and then for "B", and then for "C", etc. Ideally, I would like to the able to filter the table by which ever topic I want to make a graph about (i.e. "A"), make the graph, and then filter on the next graph that I need to make.

Do you know any way that this would be possible?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
HI Kitty123
You can create you graph, right click copy, then right click somewhere else on your sheet, paste special, a box should pop up asking you what type of picture you would like to paste, png, is normally used, the data in this picture will not update, as it is only a picture of the graph, is this what you are after, then create your next graph ect, alternatively if you would like all the graphs to update, when new data is added, just make sure you select extra rows when making the graph, you can then copy and paste normally, enter your filter on the pivot table / graph, and repeat for as many graphs as you would like, their is a setting to up date all graphs at once, but with hundreds of graphs, this may take some time
Regards
Pup

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrish

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back