Is this possible in Excel somehow?

scubashella

Ok, so I know how to do basic formulas in Excel but I are hoping that there is a macro or a VBA or something that can be made which might work for what i need.

I have decided to start a small tour shop (I make the reservations for guests with a hotel in the area and take them on tours of our region) and are looking to make a booking sheet for each month. Nothing complicated just simple.
please https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18344748/bookings_base.xlsx file.

Question 1:
I was wondering if there is a way that when the fields in column A & B are filled in if it could automatically color the corresponding dates in for the same row in the calendar area? like I have manually done on sheet "October 2013"

Question 2:
when the field in column A, B & then L are filled in if the total in column L could be added to the pax total of row 2 in the appropriate color - so that it automatically calculated the total number of people for that date. Like I have manually done on sheet "October 2013"

I honestly don't know if any of that is possible but if it is I would really appreciate if anyone out there could help me.

Thanks Barb

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi Barb,

I've downloaded your file and made some changes.

I was able to get it to show the total passengers per night.

How can i get it to you?

Upvote 0
Thanks to Person93 Q2 has been solved... I just need to know if anyone can help with Q1 please?

Ok, so I know how to do basic formulas in Excel but I are hoping that there is a macro or a VBA or something that can be made which might work for what i need.

I have decided to start a small tour shop (I make the reservations for guests with a hotel in the area and take them on tours of our region) and are looking to make a booking sheet for each month. Nothing complicated just simple.
please https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18344748/bookings_base.xlsx file.

Question 1:
I was wondering if there is a way that when the fields in column A & B are filled in if it could automatically color the corresponding dates in for the same row in the calendar area? like I have manually done on sheet "October 2013"

<strike>Question 2: </strike>
<strike>when the field in column A, B & then L are filled in if the total in column L could be added to the pax total of row 2 in the appropriate color - so that it automatically calculated the total number of people for that date. Like I have manually done on sheet "October 2013"
</strike>
I honestly don't know if any of that is possible but if it is I would really appreciate if anyone out there could help me.

Thanks Barb

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back