Combine Data in two Sheets Using VLookup "#N/A" Error

scomar411

I'm trying to use Excel V10 to combine data in two sheets and having a devil of a time. I'm trying to do this column by column but my ultimate goal is to pull several columns into my sheet by keying a common identifer in both. I did the following:

1. Names each sheet
2. Changed the entire number format to "general" for both sheets
2. Used the formula function in excel to create the vlookup. the formula looks like > =VLOOKUP(J2,'Add Data'!A1:S7422,14,FALSE)

After I do this get the "#N/A" error.

What should I do? Also, if there is a simple way to key on the one common data in both sheets and then pull multiple columns, I'd love to hear how.

Many thanks,
Scomar

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I'm trying to use Excel V10 to combine data in two sheets and having a devil of a time. I'm trying to do this column by column but my ultimate goal is to pull several columns into my sheet by keying a common identifer in both. I did the following:

1. Names each sheet
2. Changed the entire number format to "general" for both sheets
2. Used the formula function in excel to create the vlookup. the formula looks like > =VLOOKUP(J2,'Add Data'!A1:S7422,14,FALSE)

After I do this get the "#N/A" error.

What should I do? Also, if there is a simple way to key on the one common data in both sheets and then pull multiple columns, I'd love to hear how.

Many thanks,
Scomar

Does J2 occur many times or just once on Add Data?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how to load a workbook. I've read the FAQ but it is not clear how to use the HTML function to load a sheet. Any advice...sorry.

Upvote 0

(...)

Many thanks,
Scomar

Could be the order of data, these data must be classified by A to Z or 0 to 9... Another item is, if the column data (where are you looking the value) has a repeated data value, it could generate this kind of error...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carmadgar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back