counting time between change in status

swooshy

I need to count the number of days to 4 decimal places for a change in status. For example, the start and end dates would be in the following format:

28/10/2013 13:39
11/11/2013 11:51

to give an answer like 9.925

The weekend dates would also need to be excluded however not every Saturday and Sunday as they may be worked from occasion so i would have a manual tab of the dates that I would like to exclude. I have tried using the networkdays formula and while it works it only returns whole numbers which is not completely fair or reflective on the actual time taken by the various departments.

Anybody able to share some expertise on this? If you need more info please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I believe this should work for when you want to exclude weekends and you want decimal days.
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)-1+MOD(A3,1)-MOD(A2,1)

Upvote 0
I believe this should work for when you want to exclude weekends and you want decimal days.
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)-1+MOD(A3,1)-MOD(A2,1)

This is almost perfect but unfortunately i dont want to exclude each day of each weekend. i would be able to provide the dates of the days i would like to exclude from the calculation tho if you can think of a workaround for that?

Upvote 0
Which version of excel are you using? If you have Excel 2010 you can use NETWORKDAYS.INTL function to adapt Asala42's suggestion, assuming you list all days (including Saturdays and Sundays) that you want to exclude in a range named holidays

=NETWORKDAYS.INTL(A2,A3,"0000000",holidays)-1+MOD(A3,1)-MOD(A2,1)

Upvote 0
Did you try using NETWORKDAYS.INTL as per my suggestion?

Hi Barry,

I have tried to do this however i have run into difficult in adapting the formula that I have at present to include the NETWORKDAYS.INTL piece. I inherited this piece of code so would not claim to have the most understanding of what is happening in the formula just that the basic requirement is to county the time it takes for the status to flip excluding certain dates as holidays

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatrickL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back