VBA code to copy data to new workbook

AndyFarrell79

Hi All,

I've not had much experience with VBA code, other than recording macros and editing them a little. What i would like to do is code a macro to copy the data (text only) of a whole worksheet into a blank worksheet in a different workbook, effectively allowing the user to "upload" the data to a master workbook.

The user will complete data entry into a daily template worksheet containing all formulae to obtain necessary daily data. I would like them to then be able to click a button that runs a macro copying the text data from the daily template to a monthly workbook. I have no problem recording this in a macro and the code for that (no doubt there is a more efficient way) is:

Sub Load_Report()
'
' Load_Report Macro
'

'
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Users\afarrell\Desktop\New-PSR Re-Structure\Jan.xlsx"
Windows("Production Supervisors Report.xlsm").Activate
Cells.Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(Array("Group 37")).Select
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("Jan.xlsx").Activate
Cells.Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close
Range("B8:V8").Select
End Sub

The monthly workbook will contain 31 sheets (named 1,2,3...31) for the days, and each month will have it's own workbook (named Jan, Feb, Mar...Dec).
The key thing I need help with is using cells within the daily workbook to determine the month and day used by VBA for the filename and worksheet respectively.

Cell B5 contains the day (eg. 1) and C5 the month (eg. Jan)

Any help on this would be immensely appreciated!

Regards,
Andy :confused::confused:

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Any chance that you have control over the daily worksheet/workbook's design and could put the date (as an actual date value) in one cell?

Upvote 0
Andy

I appreciate that there may be an urgency to gaining a solution to your problem, but please do respect Forum Rules which request that you post a link to threads in other forums where you ask the same question.

Cross-posted here :- VBA code to copy data to new workbook

Btw as a respondent to your earlier thread I do not see that this problem addresses your earlier problem from "a different angle".

Upvote 0
Crossposted:
VBA code to copy data to new workbook

A solution as been posted there...

Hi Jerry and Thank You so very much :)

At Andy:

I did see in the other thread that you assured not cross-posting without advisement. Thank you so very much and FWIW, I totally understand 'getting your feet wet' when first joining sites or in your case, joining an additional site. I personally was lucky a fellow in Poole didn't fly over and box my ears off after I joined my first site.

Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back