copying graphs from one worksheet to another

msampson

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am so glad I found this forum. Now I can find out about all the little anoying things! :LOL:
I will frequently create a workbook where I will set up all sorts of calcuations and graphs on the first sheet and then copy it all to the next sheet where I use a different data set to do the same things. When I copy a graph over though it always has a data source that points to sheet 1. Is there any way to copy it over so it becomes a more generic format and points to the same cells but the new sheet (or no sheet at all)?

Thanks for your help about the curve integration. With a little tweaking I was able to use the macro you pointed out.

Maureen

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Unfortunately all references in the SERIES formula for a Chart are absolute, so there is no easy solution.

You could copy the entire sheet then overwrite the data by copy/paste from the sheet you want to chart.

Upvote 0
Yes, that's what I do, copy the entire sheet, paste in the new data range and then I have to go into the chart and change the SERIES to point to this sheet instead of the previous one. I was just hoping there was a way to copy the graph without the absolute reference in it so that it would automatically update when I put overwrite the data on the new sheet.

Upvote 0
When I copy the entire sheet (Edit|Move or Copy Sheet) the SERIES formulas refer to the new sheet. Doesn't that happen with you?

Upvote 0
I usually just click in the top left corner to hightlight everthing and then say copy and then paste on the next sheet. Then the graph on sheet 2 is graphing data from sheet 1.

Upvote 0
That's copying all the cells, not copying the sheet. Right click the sheet tab, choose Move or Copy, check Create a Copy and click OK. That will create a new sheet and the SERIES formula will refer to it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back