Matching and then moving Data

care123

Hi,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help with with the below

I have some spread sheets, the first contains all our customers and their contact details "name" "email" and "phone", the others are split into specific contracts and contain "name" (and other data)

What i want to do is somehow match and move the details from the 1st to the others. So check if the "name" appears in both sheets and if so copy the associated "email" and "Phone" data from the contact details to the specific contract spreadsheet. I hope that makes sense, please ask if not.

As there are over 1500 records this will be a long task to do by hand, so any advise would be really great.

I know using vlookup will show me matches but am at a loss on how to expand on this

Thank you for your time

Regards

Very sorry if I have not explained well, please just ask and I will clarify

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
care123,

1. What version of Excel and Windows are you using?

2. Are you using a PC or a Mac?

Can you post screenshots of the actual raw data worksheets?

And, can you post a screenshot of the worksheet results (manually formatted by you) that you are looking for?

To post your data, you can download and install one of the following two programs:
1. MrExcel HTMLMaker20101230
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8cffdec0ce27e813&sc=documents&id=8CFFDEC0CE27E813!189

Installation instructions here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/515787-forum-posting-guidelines.html#post2545970

2. Excel Jeanie
Download

If you are not able to give us screenshots:
You can upload your workbook to Box Net,
sensitive data changed
mark the workbook for sharing
and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
care123,

You are posting a picture/graphic. This means that if this was a problem where one needed to use your data, anyone trying to help you would have to enter the data manually. That makes no sense.

To post your data, you can download and install one of the following two programs:
1. MrExcel HTMLMaker20101230
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8cffdec0ce27e813&sc=documents&id=8CFFDEC0CE27E813!189

Installation instructions here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/515787-forum-posting-guidelines.html#post2545970

2. Excel Jeanie
Download

If you are not able to give us screenshots:

sensitive data changed

If you are not able to provide the above, then:

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the thread. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Yes sorry I know it is a picture. The orginal contains over 1500 entries and as it is customer data, I cannot post or change it all.

Upvote 0
care123,

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the thread. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0

Hi
. Can you not simply make - up some tables for us looking like the original with made -. up Customer details in it, and similarly give us a table showing what your final table should look like. The final table results should be based on your made – up data. That will assist us in checking our results.
Alan

Upvote 0
care123,

One last try.

The original contains over 1500 entries and as it is customer data, I cannot post or change it all.

How about creating a sample workbook that contains:

1. the original worksheet with its correct worksheet name, with all its correct titles, and, some sample data, in the correct locations for "name", "email", and, "phone".

2. At least two of the other worksheets with all their correct titles in the correct locations, and, at least the "name" column complete similar to the original worksheet (above), and, with their correct worksheet names.

After you do the above, then:

Upvote 0
apologies for the delay and thank you for your help

I have uploaded 2 files.

The first is where I want the data to come from (datasheet). I need to check if the name (both first and surname) is in the 2nd sheet (BUSINESS VISA) and if so copy the phone and email, so the result will look like what is shown in the 2nd columns in BUSINESS VISA

Does that make sense to anyone?

Links
https://app.box.com/s/iearepu7dcnhlck6so40 - example of main customer contact sheet that stores names, emails and phone

https://app.box.com/s/eh514gd48qsh42pprj7n - before and after, showing where I want the data to be checked and moved to

Thank you again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaRisso

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back