Removing specific rows from spreadsheet

MrSlimak

Hello,

I would love to create a macro to help me skip a very annoying task I am doing regularly, but I have no idea how. I hope someone out here could help me.

I have a huge set of data divided into about 10 parts (lets say genres) which are beneath each other in the table and each contains hundreds or thousands of rows of data (some of these are hidden)

Since I am regularly resending this database to 10 different groups of people (each receiving only its particular "genre" and 1 group receiving all) I have to take the original spreadsheet and delete all unwanted rows leaving just the one for the particular group of people, save it separately and then send it by e-mail, repeating this step 10x for each "genre", which is pretty annoying work.

I would love to make some macro which would automatically delete all unwanted "genres" and save it as a new document, or something like this.

Could anyone help? Or give me any advice on how to do this?

Thank you very much

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
This is possible, but requires a number of steps.

I carry out a similar task and the way I do it is to filter my database to display the records I require, copy the filtered data to a separate worksheet, then use some code from Ron DeBruin's page Mail one sheet to create a new workbook that consists of just the "Extract" worksheet then attach that to an email.

You need to work how to copy the filtered data from your database sheet to your extract sheet, then use the code examples to do the emailing.

Ron's site Excel for Windows Tips is an excellent place to start.

Hope this is of some help.

Pete

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back