Cant get Vlookup to work correctly

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Nothing is wrong with that formula. are you sure that it is not picking them up it looks like it is.

Upvote 0
the formula is <bdo dir="ltr">=VLOOKUP(A2,B:B,1,FALSE) also yea i am sure the value exist, because when i do a copy and search for the same number it finds it in the other row but still the result is N/A I even thought it could be that the data type is off so I set both columns to general 00, but still no luck</bdo>. as an exaple look at this value in COL A <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>179354649014 and it COL C says N/A but it's still in COl B so this should not be N/A

Upvote 0
With the one you are quoting (179354649014) they are not the same. A4 is text because it has a leading space or non-printing character and B562 is a number because it doesn't have a leading space or non-printing character.

Edit: select Column A, click data - text to columns, click next twice, check General is checked and click finish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh yea! how can I change it so they are both the same? i tried to select all 3 COLS and right click and change the value to "format cells" but that didnt work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back