ActiveX Option Button Control

smarie123

I created a workbook several weeks ago that was working beautifully until I got on it today and noticed none of the option button controls were working. When I go to properties to try and figure it out the properties don't even look the same. I had originally had to create a group of buttons that were all on the same row and name them all the same name (within the properties function) in order for Excel to recognize that within that group of buttons only 1 should be clicked at a time and have several rows of buttons that all buttons on a certain row have the same grouping. Like I said, it worked beautifully. Now, all of a sudden, the buttons don't even allow me to click them, the properties feature doesn't even give me the option to enter a "group name" anymore, and I also can't enter any more ActiveX Controls even if I wanted to because the error message "cannot insert object" pops up. I've googled the issue several times already and can't seem to understand what people are suggesting to change. Can anyone PLEASE help me!!!!!!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Thank you so much!!! When other people try to open this on their computers I order to fill out,if they have those *.exd files will it to allow them to click those buttons?

Upvote 0
Thank you so much!!! When other people try to open this on their computers I order to fill out,if they have those *.exd files will it to allow them to click those buttons?
That is a good question but, unfortunately, I do not know the answer. I think you will have to try it out and see.

Upvote 0
Ok so I deleted those files and it's still doing the same thing. I guess I'm one of those cases of it not correcting.

Upvote 0
The "MSForms.exd- Excel8.0" one keeps coming back. The other one was able to delete and say deleted, but this on is a pest. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
The "MSForms.exd- Excel8.0" one keeps coming back. The other one was able to delete and say deleted, but this on is a pest. Any ideas?

I think it is supposed to be recreated. As I understand the process, those ".exd" files must exist, but there was a conflict with the old (existing) ones and what the update required in them... once you deleted them and ran your code, the fact that they were missing caused new ones to be created... supposedly those new ones were the correct ones that the updated needed them to be.

Upvote 0
So as I'm searching more and more into this I'm seeing that no updates were actually done on mine until December 11th and none of the update #'s match the ones that people are saying need to be uninstalled. I'm so confused!!!

Upvote 0
So as I'm searching more and more into this I'm seeing that no updates were actually done on mine until December 11th and none of the update #'s match the ones that people are saying need to be uninstalled. I'm so confused!!!

Are you searching for update related to your particular version of Office (apparently different security updates where used for different versions of Office).

Upvote 0
When other people try to open this on their computers I order to fill out,if they have those *.exd files will it to allow them to click those buttons?

Yes, everyone having the evil *.exd files on their individual computers will have the same problem, they will need to remove them also.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jin kazuya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back