Problems Assignnig CTRL+SHIFT+R to macro

This is a discussion on Problems Assignnig CTRL+SHIFT+R to macro within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'm having problems assigning the keyboard accelarator or keyboard shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+R to a macro. I recently got a new computer ...

Board Regular

Default Problems Assignnig CTRL+SHIFT+R to macro

I'm having problems assigning the keyboard accelarator or keyboard shortcut:

CTRL+SHIFT+R

to a macro.

I recently got a new computer with XL2003 on it, most of my other keyboard shortcuts work fine still (once I imported my personal.xls file) but for some reason the macro I assigned to CTRL+SHIFT+R doesn't respond.

Basically I have set up macros to LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT alight text using CTRL+SHIFT+L, E, R respectively...but for some reason the RIGHT ALIGN macro doesn't respond to teh keyboard input???

hi BuddieB,

do the other two work ok?
    Regards,
    Zack Barresse
    My book on Excel Tables
    ExcelTables.com
    All Excel Functions
    (If you would like comments in any code, please say so.)

Board Regular

Default Re: Problems Assignnig CTRL+SHIFT+R to macro

Does it do anything that you can tell? Any add-ins that might be reassigning this?

Board Regular

Yes the other 2 work fine.

No, I haven't added any add-in's other than the Analysis toolpak, so there shouldnt' be any problems with conflicts like that.

When I go into the macro options diaglog, it says that CS+R is assigned properly, and I can run the macro cleanly from the dialog box or from VB directly, but not with teh keyboard shortcut...

does anyone know of a conflict with Ctrl+Shift+R in XL2003?

It worked fine before when I had it in XL2000. ARGH!

Board Regular

I have even tried the application.onkey command to set the keyboard command to it...

I also have no problem with any other letter other than R... I can reassign the keyboard command, but I am so used to it beign CS+R that I dont want to change simply because it's XL2003...

Is there anyway to list all the macro assigned keyboard commands? Or are they all just stored in the macro code itself... I believe I Read taht earlier in some other posts...just wondering...

Board Regular

Anyone seen this before? I'm still looking for a solution (other than renaming my macro)... also I have the same problem where XL doens't recognize the CTRL+SHIFT+& command to put a border around the selection.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddieB
    I'm having problems assigning the keyboard accelarator or keyboard shortcut:

CTRL+SHIFT+R

to a macro.

I recently got a new computer with XL2003 on it, most of my other keyboard shortcuts work fine still (once I imported my personal.xls file) but for some reason the macro I assigned to CTRL+SHIFT+R doesn't respond.

Basically I have set up macros to LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT alight text using CTRL+SHIFT+L, E, R respectively...but for some reason the RIGHT ALIGN macro doesn't respond to teh keyboard input???

Hi Buddie,

I still can't seem to duplicate your problem. Ctrl + Shift + R works for me. I wonder if the macro is available to you at all times? You can see it when you press Alt + F8, right? Could you possibly have another routine with the same shortcut, I wonder?
    Regards,
    Zack Barresse
    My book on Excel Tables
    ExcelTables.com
    All Excel Functions

Board Regular

Can you get the outline border command CTRL+SHIFT+& to work? That one is another one that doesn't seem to work on my new machine as well!

Yes, Ctrl + Shift + 7 does put a border (single, thin continuous) around my selection.
    Regards,
    Zack Barresse
    My book on Excel Tables
    ExcelTables.com
    All Excel Functions

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others