I don't want series with #N/A or NA() values plotted. Excel normally should ignore #N/A values and not plot them.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Re: I don't want series with #N/A or NA() values plotted. Excel normally should ignore #N/A values and not plot them. Unfortunately Excel is deciding to plot #N/A as zero values. What's going on? File is attached, and I also did a screen capture whic

Just go ahead and delete this thread, I forgot to type a subject and I can't change the subject now. Apparently the subject gets locked. The subj is so long and annoying this thing will never get read. My bad.

Upvote 0
Re: I don't want series with #N/A or NA() values plotted. Excel normally should ignore #N/A values and not plot them. Unfortunately Excel is deciding to plot #N/A as zero values. What's going on? File is attached, and I also did a screen capture whic

you also forgot to mention this!
excel REFUSING to ignore #N/A

Upvote 0

Unfortunately Excel is deciding to plot #N/A as zero values .
Excel IS ignoring the #NA values. What it isn't ignoring is that you have category called Mango.

If you want to be convinced that the #N/A value are ignored and not treated as zero values, change the chart type to a line chart. You will see that Oranges, Bananas, Pears, Grapes, Kiwi and Melon all have zero values plotted, Mango does not. Additionally, you will see that each 'Day' line has a plotted point in its line above every fruit category EXCEPT Mango. That is, each line passes straight from the Grapes plotted point to the Kiwi plotted point, ignoring Mango.

Upvote 0

Peter_SSs same answer as x post link,op doesn't seem to want to listen tho'

Upvote 0

Peter_SSs same answer as x post link,op doesn't seem to want to listen tho'
I don't see quite the same answer there.

Upvote 0

ah well but i think
but the series mango is still exists but just has 0 values
covers it

Upvote 0

ah well but i think
but the series mango is still exists but just has 0 values
covers it
Then perhaps you didn't read my post carefully enough or do the things I suggested like converting it to a line chart. The category Mango does not have 0 values and they are not plotted as 0 or anything else.

Upvote 0

this is not meant to be an interforum spat
but if the op had bothered to post a link for the cross threads and using 2 different usernames.!!!
then because he's got hold of the wrong end of the stick gives no feed back really hacks me off.

Upvote 0

this is not meant to be an interforum spat
I agree and am certainly not headed that way. I was just trying to add further information for the OP that I thought hadn't been provided in either forum.

Re cross-posts, we are a little more lenient here than some other forums (I'm not sure about Excel Forum) especially for new posters.
I find it hard to get upset about a new poster cross-posting without links as I would not have even known what a cross-post was when I made my first posts.
For someone who has been around for some months and with several hundred posts I would see quite differently.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back