Pivot Table - How to limit data to one row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadezExcel

Hello,

I am looking for some help here. ROW LABELS equates to customer code in our system and database. This was built with PowerPivot. Customer name is a field that has changed over time. For example, the customer code (6) was originally created with the customer name of (6a). At some point (in this case during a year of data) the customer was bought and we had to change their customer name to (6b).

I fiddle with the field settings for both rows and made them NOT do subtotals and for the layout made them tabular. What ideas do you have for potentially make it so that 6a and 6b are combined automatically? I have not run into this before. I can remove the customer name from the row criterion, but then the management has a tough time figuring out who the customers are based on outdated customer codes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

nmj8ZXP.png

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I'm a bit unclear on what you "hope" shows up. If 6a and 6b are different, they are going to get their own rows. If they are the same, they are going to aggregate in to 1. If you have some CustomerId key... maybe have a calc column that has "Original Name" and drop THAT on rows?

Upvote 0
I'm a bit unclear on what you "hope" shows up. If 6a and 6b are different, they are going to get their own rows. If they are the same, they are going to aggregate in to 1. If you have some CustomerId key... maybe have a calc column that has "Original Name" and drop THAT on rows?

At the time that the transaction was made in 2010, the CustomerName was 6a. At the time the next transaction was made was 6b. This is what makes it appear that way. Where do you think I could get something like Original Name or Current Name? I would think pulling the current customer card data might be a start for me...

Upvote 0
I know why you did it, but please don't post duplicate posts. I'm locking this one - please continue in the other one here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back