Linking a cell value in one worksheet to a different worksheet in same file

dutchca

Hello.

I have a Summary worksheet in a large file with about 100 other worksheets. I have to link a number of data points on each worksheet to the Summary worksheet.

I know I can simply go to the Summary worksheet and use a formula =Worksheet1!A1 (for example), but I have about 100 worksheets to link to the summary with maybe 5-6 data points on each worksheet to link, so very time consuming.

Is there a quicker way to do this? I'm not all that familiar with VBA, but will use it if I have to.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
If you are always summing together the same cells on all the sheets, then you may be able to do something like this: Excel Tips: How to add together the same cell on multiple worksheets | Artifax Software Limited

Quite frankly, if you have 100 sheets of data, and you are trying to summarize it on a single sheet, it sounds like what you really have is a relational database. While you CAN use Excel for such things, it really isn't the best tool for it (it can be kind of klunky to do what you want, as you are experiencing). Such things usually work much better in a relational database program, like Microsoft Access, SQL, MySQL, or Oracle.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back